Daubs of paint splashed on a cavas and then babbled about by the Mighty Toad.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Storm Coming Down the Mountain



This was the first painting I did. Well. Not ever, but the first since I was a child.

My good friends CN & MQ were getting together for a paiting session and I wanted to go and had just planned to hang out and maybe take a few photos. On the way to CN's apartment, I passed by the 100 yen shop and remembered that they had lots of paints and brushes and whatnot, all for 100 yen a shot. So I grabbed some basic colors, a couple of canvasas and a couple of brushes and off to CN's house.

Got there and got set up and found that not only did I really enjoy the painting process, I was actually able to put onto the canvas what I'd held in my head.

This first painting was an attempt at the Arizona mountains during a storm. I conciously tried to use the colors of the Arizona flag...no I didn't. I'm just yanking your chain. The colors were just storm and desert colors and just happened to match the flag. Still. Sounds like I know what I'm doing, huh?

I'm pretty proud of the little bear down in the corner. That came out well I thought.

No comments: