Daubs of paint splashed on a cavas and then babbled about by the Mighty Toad.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Power Lines



This was a quick one, done mainly to experiment with using Linseed Oil. LO is meant to make the finished product shiny, as well as make it easier to blend surface layers with the undercoat.

So, I started by painting the entire canvas with Zinc White. ZW makes the surface color really pop out; I put the white down with a palette knife, then used a fan brush to blend in the oil. I gave that a day or so to set and then used the fan brush again to lay down splotches of blue that I blended into the mixed blues on the canvas.

I got up this morning and added in the towers and power lines. M wasn't too happy with those but I thought they worked pretty well. Mainly though, I really like the background as it worked exactly how I'd hoped, getting that bright, shiny blue to come out over the white was nice.

Oh, and this one is based on another of my photos. The photo is on 91 Days, but I'm leaving it to you all to find out which one.

No comments: