Daubs of paint splashed on a cavas and then babbled about by the Mighty Toad.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dire Straits



The title for this one comes directly from Douglas Adams' "So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish". Just imagine Arthur and Trillian somewhere behind the clouds.

Anyway, this started as an attempt to paint the ocean and ended as a flight (erhm, uh, sorry) of fancy. I had painted the sky and felt that it needed something to help fill it up so I started by painting seagulls, then added long, lizard-like tails and eventually ended up with dragons. Which prompted the Douglas Adams memory which made me laugh and so on and so forth.

The only thing I'd like to re-do in this one is the lack of depth. The sky is very flat and the lighthouse sits exactly on the horizon, two things I'll change if I ever attempt this scene again.

No comments: