Daubs of paint splashed on a cavas and then babbled about by the Mighty Toad.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Going Away Again (Unfinished)



Going Away Again was conceived as an attempt at both painting from a photo and an attempt at an Art Deco style. The first went rather well, the second, not so well.

I did a grid transfer of the photo elements to the canvas and sketched in some details. However, when I began painging things in, I found that I was unable to control the paints well enough to get the clean, crisp lines found in Art Deco works. I eventually became so unhappy with it that I put it to one side and have never gotten around to finishing it.

I think I'll probably use the same idea on a much larger canvas, but work with acrylics and use tape to mask off the lines I want.

No comments: