Daubs of paint splashed on a cavas and then babbled about by the Mighty Toad.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Starry Palm



Starry Palm was my first attempt at using oils. I'm not quite sure what to think of this one. It doesn't match the image in my head because there was no image in my head. I had just wanted to try using oil paints; to begin getting a feel for how they were different from acrylics and how the brushes worked differently with different materials.

I still like the idea, and I like the lower part of the painting better. The top was too rushed. I was very unsure of what I was doing and wasn't aware of how the oils would blend on the canvas. On the lower half of the painting I was much more concious of how the different colors would blend and interact and figured out a few brush work techniques to keep them seperated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me again...no matter how many times I look at this one, I'm drawn to it.